Kevin Reed Outstanding New Professional Award
The Kevin Reed Outstanding New Professional Award is intended to honor
members new to our organization that have thrown themselves head first into our group. Members what
receive this award will have been actively participating
and contributing to our organization even though they are new to us. They will
have done more than many longtime members even though they will have been with us for only a short
period of time. As much as their actual activities matter, the manner in which they go about doing
them is the real spirit of this award. Kevin Reed, in whose honor this award has been named, had an
infectious joyful spirit about him. He was constantly upbeat and always willing to help.
Recipients of this will not only have contributed their time and efforts but will have done so in a
manner that continues the spirit of Kevin’s infectious joy and upbeat
nature. Without this, their activities while commendable do not rise to the level of
this award. Members that receive this award are truly a joy to be around. These are the future
leaders of our organization and their institutions.
- Have proven a quick willingness to offer their abilities, time, commitment to Region IV, and done in a spirit of enthusiasm
- Have been an NCURA member for no more than five years
- Are a current member of Region IV NCURA
- Have been involved with our professional association through service on a regional or national NCURA committee, including serving in an elected position at the regional or national level
- Have participated in an annual meeting as a presenter, panelist or moderator at either a regional or national level
The nomination must be submitted with the endorsement of two Region IV members, including one who is external to the institution of the nominee.